President releases infrastructure plan and budget proposal
This week, President Trump released his $ 1 trillion infrastructure plan as well as his proposed budget. Along with the plan, a “statement of principles” with the promise of more to come from the administration.
Administration looks at incentives to privatize public assets
The President’s administration is looking into the possibility of providing incentives to privatizing some public assets to help the infrastructure plan.
Tourism dollars still may not be secure
The $25 million dollars the Florida Legislature placed in the budget still faces an uncertain future once the bill appropriating the funds is received by Governor Rick Scott
As things are changing in Tallahassee, Washington D.C. and here in Hillsborough County, the Tampa Chamber is watching those issues that are important to the community and your business.
Here is some of what we are watching:
- Boarder Adjustment Tax issue
- Governor’s possible vetoes
- Federal budget
- Proposed Federal Tax Plan
- Possible changes to the Affordable Health Care Act
- Possible changes with the relations between the U.S. and Cuba
- Medical Marijuana and what that means to Tampa Bay
- Workers’ Comp. Rate
- Premium Transit Study
- Regional MPO