Member News & Resources
On March 18, 2020 President Trump signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (the Act) into law. The Act requires employers with fewer than 500 employees to provide Emergency Paid Sick Leave and partially paid leave after 10 days under the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Act. The Act will be come effective April 2, 2020 and remain in effect until December 31, 2020.
Health & Family Assistance
- BayCare is now offering limited drive thru testing for COVID-19. Click here to find a testing center.
- Hillsborough County Schools are providing food for students during extended off time with free breakfast and lunch offered at several sites across the district. Beginning Monday, March 23rd at 9:00am, each location will start serving food to those 18 years old and younger. See the full list of locations here.
- OneBlood is experiencing rapid cancellations of blood drives. They need continued support to help ensure a ready blood supply. The FDA has stated that COVID-19 does not pose any known risk to blood donors during the donation process or from attending blood drives. OneBlood Donation safety protocols have been increased. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a blood drive, please reach out to Jaime Mueller.
- Phoenix House Florida continues to admit new patients and will continue to remain open while providing the highest quality care. They will continue to monitor the situation closely and share updates as they develop on their company website.
- The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Aspire Health is providing services to veterans, their families, and the families of Active Duty, National Guard, and Reserves, including spouse or partner, children, parents, siblings, caregivers and others regardless of discharge status, role while in uniform and combat experience. They are providing behavioral healthcare services and case management resources, childcare, transportation and Telehealth services. Please call 813-542-5513.
- Trulieve COVID-19 resources for patients.
- The Center for Cyber Safety and Education is providing free Garfield eLearning for every child for the next 30 days. Access the free Garfield eLearning here.
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and WiFi ccess for 60 days to households with K12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll please call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.
- Girl Scouts of West Central Florida introduced Girl Scouts at Home – a virtual programming option available to all families through their website. It’s a collection of online programs, activities and challenges designed to keep girls engaged in the Girl Scout Leadership Experience during this time.
- The Glazer Children’s Museum has launched GCM at Home, a new section of its website that features activities to keep families entertained and learning while schools are closed.
- Keiser University is recruiting professionals to record short videos for their students and alumni on skills employers look for, urgent hiring needs and interviewing tips. Please reach out to Elease Phillips for more information.
Professional Development & Assistance
- B2 Communications is offering crisis communication services/coaching and sharing 6 tips for communications during COVID-19.
- Catalyst – A Marketing Company is allocating 25 hours weekly via Zoom for pro-bono marketing assistance and support during April and May. Click here to book a time.
- City of Tampa is hosting a tele-townhall with Tampa City Councilman Luis Viera to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on small business owners on Thursday, March 26th at 1:00pm.
- The Community Foundation of Tampa Bay has launched the Tampa Bay Rapid Response Fund to support area nonprofits and the people they serve during the COVID-19 pandemic. Money from the fund will be granted strategically to community-based organizations that are facing huge demand or significant service and financial interruptions during this time. If you are a nonprofit that wants to report your needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CROOW has advanced workspaces and tools for remote teams to enable creative, marketing, design, and development collaboration. CROOW premium access for individuals and teams of up to 25 is free with the code Remote Collaboration. Just register for free at CROOW.com and upgrade for free through April 30, 2020 with upgraded access complimentary for 6 months. Code: RemoteCollaboration Questions: email@example.com
- Dale Carnegie Training is offering a complimentary webinar, Becoming a Digital Leader: How to Lead, Communicate, and Hold Your Team Accountable in a Virtual Environment. They will teach powerful techniques to get your virtual team up and running. The date is March 31st at 10:00 am. Register for the session here.
- Evolution Consulting is helping companies with their telecommunications infrastructure and expense management. They also enable employers to equip their employees for teleworking and set up business continuity plans. If you need assistance please reach out to Barry Silberstein.
- Insperity has a variety of COVID-19 resource posts available on their blog.
- LinkedIn Local is offering a virtual networking session on March 24th from 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm. You can register via Eventbrite here.
- Phelps Dunbar is providing information regarding legal issues that are facing businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have one central Client Resource Center for all data including cyber security, shipping regulations, immigration issues, labor & employment issues, teleheath, tax consequences, bankruptcy, etc.
- Rumberger Kirk & Caldwell PA has provided a guide for employers regarding COVID-19.
- Vartai Security is providing a 50% discount off external network security review to assist with companies working from home. Please reach out to Ben Rollin for more information.
- Vector Solutions has launched a complimentary coronavirus (COVID-19) video microcourse to help you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy. Available now, this course features critical information about the coronavirus.
- Apple Spice Box Lunch Delivery and Corporate Catering is offering 20% off until April 15th to all Tampa Bay Chamber members. In addition, you get a free loaf of freshly baked bread with 8oz. of cinnamon-honey butter on orders of $50 or more. Call 813-373-5359 or email Julie to order.
- Bavaro’s is offering large servings of homemade pasta sauce along with fresh pasta for takeout orders, call to order 813-868-4440.
- Feeding Tampa Bay
- Mise en Place is offering delivery and restaurant or curbside hours from 11:30am to 9:00pm with dinner on premise still starting at 5:00 pm Wednesday through Saturday. In restaurant dining for lunch is suspended until further notice.
- Outback Steakhouse is doing curbside takeway and free delivery now through April 30th.
- The Tampa Bay Times shared a list of the current Tampa Bay area restaurants that have closed or are offering takeout during social distancing.
- Whiskey Cake Kitchen & Bar is offering Quarantine Kits. Call 813-535-9955 to order, call early as supply is limited.
- $65 Original Kit:
- 2 Ribeyes
- 4 Burgers
- 2 Brined/Marinated Chickens
- 12 Eggs
- 1 Gallon Milk
- 1 Lb. Butter
- 4 Oranges (substituted based on supply)
- 2 Rolls of Toilet Paper
- *Add 4 pieces of Whisey Cake for $20*
- $55 Spring Break Edition:
- 4 Short Ribs
- 2 Brined/Marinated Whole Chickens
- 2 Lbs. Bacon
- 2 Lbs. Cream Cheese
- Elbow Pasta
- Mac N’ Cheese Sauce
- Brussels Sprouts (substituted based on supply)
- 4 Oranges (substituted based on supply)
- 1 Lb. Butter
- 4 Pieces of Whiskey Cake
- $65 Original Kit:
- Uber Eats has waived their delivery fees for over 100,000 independent restaurants across the US and Canada. They are working with local governments to provide more than 300,000 free meals to first responders and healthcare workers.
- Aussie Pet Mobile is still operating and following the guidelines of the CDC, the WHO, and other public health agencies.
- Bunker Labs Tampa is now accepting applications for the Veterans in Residence until April 28th.
- Camaraderie Foundation is hosting a “non-event event” called “No Show Extravaganza” where they are taking a humorous approach to asking people to consider making a gift to support.
- Foto Bohemia is offering significant portrait and event discounts to help support Tampa Bay Chamber members. They are offering 50% off all branding sessions and 30% off any new April through September corporate events.
- Image360-North Tampa is offering 50% off all products and services and free delivery.
- Levy Recognition’s employee engagement platform, Elevate, is a place where teams can come together with enthusiasm, empathy, and hope during this time of uncertainty. Learn more at levyrecognition.com
- Tampa Electric and TECO Peoples Gas are donating $1 million to support Floridians in the communities they serve who have lost their jobs or substantial income as a result of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Verizon is committed to helping small businesses and consumers and is prepared to serve customers during the COVID-19 crisis.
- ZooTampa is launching a Corporate Support Initiative to assist with their emergency operating fund.