Black History Month is a time for our nation to recognize the struggles and significant contributions made to our nation’s life and culture by Black citizens.
To celebrate Black History Month:
- Attend a local event: http://www.baynews9.com/blackhistory.html#events
- Explore the rich history of Tampa’s Central Avenue district during the “Walk Tampa: Tampa Bay Black History Tour” (an event of the Tampa Bay History Center): https://tampabayhistorycenter.org/event/walk-tampa-tampa-bay-black-history-tour-2/2018-02-24/
- Visit the Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum (he’s the Father of Black History Month): http://www.woodsonmuseum.org/about-us
- Get tickets to the Marvel Studio’s new movie, “Black Panther” in theaters February 15th: https://www.fandango.com/black-panther-202991/movie-overview
- Shop Tampa Bay Black Businesses