Possible impact of Homestead Exemption ballot measure on city budget
The City of Tampa’s CFO, Sonya Little told City Council this week that the impact to the city budget could be close to $6 million dollars.
Many Floridians still awaiting changes to Cuban policy
Throughout the state, many advocates on both sides of the debate are anxiously awaiting President Trump’s decision on Cuban policy.
Florida Supreme Court rules against slot machines
This week, the Court ruled in favor of the state who had denied slot machine licenses. The ruling will affect several counties where voters have approved the use.
As things are changing in Tallahassee, Washington D.C. and here in Hillsborough County, the Tampa Chamber is watching those issues that are important to the community and your business.
Here is some of what we are watching:
- Federal budget
- Proposed Federal Tax Plan
- Possible changes to the Affordable Health Care Act
- Possible changes with the relations between the U.S. and Cuba
- Appropriations request rule changes in Tallahassee
- Medical Marijuana and what that means to Tampa Bay
- Workers’ Comp. Rate
- Premium Transit Study
- Regional MPO