Governor Scott Releases Budget Proposal
Governor Rick Scott released his “Fighting for Florida’s Future” budget this week. Highlights include a $618 million in tax cuts and $85 million dollars for economic incentives. Also noted by the Governor are funding increases in education and the environment.
Uber and Daimler Strike a Deal for Self-Driving Cars
Daimler and Uber have signed an agreement to combine technology in the future. While specifics of the deal were not released, it could change the way autonomous vehicles and ridesharing operates in the future.
Florida Business Leaders Share their Concerns for Cuts to Incentives Programs
In reaction to a bill filed in the Florida House to eliminate Enterprise Florida, business leaders from across the state express their concerns about how the loss of incentives will affect the state’s economy.
As things are changing in Tallahassee and in Washington D.C., the Tampa Chamber is watching those issues that are important to the community and your business. Here is some of what we are watching:
- Appropriations request for Tampa Bay
- Possible changes to the Affordable Health Care Act
- Possible changes with the relations between the U.S. and Cuba
- Overtime regulations changes and legal rulings
- Appropriations request rule changes in Tallahassee
- Medical Marijuana and what that means to Tampa Bay
- Workers’ Comp. Rate