Uber Self Driving Cars in California
After confusion regarding the legality of operating in California, Uber is now operating, for mapping purposes only, in San Francisco.
Governor Scott Unveils Business Rent Tax plan
The Governor will again support the move to reduce the taxes paid on commercial leases. As a top priority during the 2017 Legislative Session that begins in March, the Governor has said that he believes that a reduction in the Florida only tax will help businesses grow.
Atlanta First Stop in Autonomous Bus Tour
A driverless bus visited Altanta as a first stop on a cross country bus tour. Other cities on the tour for the Washington D.C. based technology firm include Arlington, Texas., Los Angeles, California, and San Jose, California.
As things are changing in Tallahassee and in Washington D.C., the Tampa Chamber is watching those issues that are important to the community and your business. Here is some of what we are watching:
- Possible changes to the Affordable Health Care Act
- Possible changes with the relations between the U.S. and Cuba
- Overtime regulations changes and legal rulings
- Appropriations request rule changes in Tallahassee
- Medical Marijuana and what that means to Tampa Bay
- Workers’ Comp. Rate