Florida House on You Tube
This week Florida House Speaker Richard Corcoran released a video of members discussing their representation of Florida. A couple new Tampa lawmakers are featured in the video.
Lyft Proposes New Incentives for Carpooling
The founders of Lyft this week talked about encouraging drivers to carpool by charging a fee for those who drive alone on congested streets. They believe this will result in more drivers choosing to carpool or use alternative forms of transportation causing less traffic congestion.
FDOT Updates Tampa City Council on Tampa Bay Express
During their regular meeting this week, the Tampa City Council received an update on TBX from the Florida Department of Transportation. The update included why FDOT decided to call for a “reset” of the project.
As things are changing in Tallahassee and in Washington D.C., the Tampa Chamber is watching those issues that are important to the community and your business. Here is some of what we are watching:
- Possible changes to the Affordable Health Care Act
- Possible changes with the relations between the U.S. and Cuba
- Overtime regulations changes and legal rulings
- Appropriations request rule changes in Tallahassee
- Medical Marijuana and what that means to Tampa Bay
- Workers’ Comp. Rate