Here are some of the things happening this week:
Tampa International Continues to Grow
Last week the Chamber’s Transportation Advisory Committee had a behind the scenes tour of Tampa International Airport. Here is a video that highlights some of the changes at TIA.
A Bill Filed in the Florida House and Senate Could Impact the Rays
This week, bills were filed by Representative Bryan Avila and Senator Greg Steube that could impact the Tampa Bay Rays search for a new stadium in Florida. The bills will prevent any professional sports franchise from leasing government owned land.
Senators Nelson and Rubio Agree on NIH Funding for Moffitt
Both Senator Bill Nelson and Senator Marco Rubio praised a bill that passed the Senate this week. The bill will remove potential cuts to funding for Moffitt Cancer Center. The “21st Century Cures Act,” will help cancer research, mental health funding and substance addition among other medical advancements and treatments.
As things are changing in Tallahassee and in Washington D.C. The Tampa Chamber is watching those issues that are important to the community and your business. Here is some of what we are watching:
- Possible changes to the Affordable Health Care Act
- Possible changes with the relations between the U.S. and Cuba
- Overtime regulations changes and legal rulings
- Appropriations request rule changes in Tallahassee
- Medical Marijuana and what that means to Tampa Bay
- Workers’ Comp rate increases