The Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce honored our community’s military personnel at the 2015 Military Appreciation Banquet on Wednesday, February 25 presented by Bright House Networks. A sold-out crowd of more than 500 attendees, including leadership from all five service branches, was in attendance.
Governor Rick Scott gave a keynote address and Mayor Bob Buckhorn and Chamber leaders recognized the contributions of our local service members. This event represented the 17th year the Chamber has recognized our local military personnel for outstanding contributions to the greater good of the Tampa Bay community.
The 2015 winners included:
- Bob Cutler Volunteer Award: Debbie Miller, Celestar Corporation
- Business Partner of the Year: AC4S
- University of South Florida ROTC Cadet of the Year: Cadet First Class Aryk Bingham-Hill
- University of Tampa ROTC Cadet of the Year: Cadet Corin Chick
- Department of Defense Civilian Employee of The Year: Virginia A. Carter
- Army Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year: Sergeant Erin J. Berry
- Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year: Staff Sergeant Beau Blouin
- Navy Non-Commissioned Officer of The Year: Petty Officer First Class Amy Lockhart
- Air Force Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year: Technical Sergeant Nancy Hepner
- Reservist of the Year: Staff Sergeant Victoria M. Stern
- Coast Guard Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year: Chief Petty Officer John A. Hamilton
- Army Officer of the Year: Chief Warrant Officer 3 Michael Brooks
- Marine Corps Officer of the Year: Major Ernest Govea
- Navy Officer of the Year: Commander Robert H. Hyde
- Air Force Officer of the Year: Second Lieutenant Juan Gonzalez
- Coast Guard Officer of the Year: Lieutenant Megan J. Dillon
For more information on the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce, please visit http://www.tampachamber.com.